Update: January 26, 2019

I was really hoping we’d continue to have a mild winter and both hives wouldn’t have to fight frigid temps, but alas, winter is definitely here. With the forecast showing highs of -10 to -15 this upcoming week, as well as 6-8 inches of snow, I’m nervous my luck has run out. I moved my weak hive, the nuc, into the garage to hopefully help it out. The other hive I fear is too heavy to bring in, so I’m hoping it’ll survive out in the elements.

I did purchase two new 3 lb Saskatraz packages in case they don’t survive. I purchased them from Natures Nectar near Stillwater. My two new packages should arrive mid-April.

I also purchased new taps, filters, and a filter stand for maple syrup season, which should be about a month away as well. Until next time, stay warm!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s